BUDAPEST: The capital of Hungary, the heart of Central Europe the city that witnessed dramatic history and stood still. The city is impressive, its landmarks are breathtaking and its vibes are catchy. When I am asked about my favorite central Europe city, I answer BUDAPEST without any hesitation.
And why is that? Well the answer is easy. Budapest has something for everyone. You can’t possibly visit that capital and leaving it without getting charmed and entertained. From its dramatic history and beautiful landmarks, its outstanding Parliament and healing thermal waters, to its tasty food and unique vibrant nightlife, Budapest made it to the top of my list.
In a few words Budapest is a Must.
My opinion about Budapest?
WOW! Surprisingly beautiful and full of excitement. I would have never imagined this Capital the way it is. Budapest is clearly one of the most impressive cities in central Europe and I would really recommend everyone to go take a look. Trust me You won’t get disappointed.
My advice to YOU!
As you might know, Budapest is a city divided by 2 parts BUDA & PEST with the Danube separating both of them. When considering your hotel, if you are on a Honeymoon or would like to stay more in a luxurious hotel or a fancy neighborhood, choose the BUDA side. On the other hand, if you are looking more for the local and vibrant experience chose the PEST side.
Also, although, Budapest is simply breathtaking, I would recommend a road trip. My advice to you is to consider visiting other surrounding Capitals like Prague & Vienna.
Now, Budapest is all about history, history and history😅 Well kidding its not just it, you will get to try some great food, indulge yourself in their unique thermal bath and explore some beautiful landmarks and experiences.
Here is Your 3 days Itinerary to visit one of the Most surprising & beautiful Capitals of Central Europe: Budapest
Day1: Enjoy the Pest Side
- Start your day at the famous Heroes Square. Check out this glorious square, grab a cup of coffee and check out the Surrounding park.
- Walk down the Andrássy Avenue which is called the “Champs Elysee” of Budapest. Enjoy your stroll there and have lunch.
- Check out the House of Terror Museum for you to learn a bit more about history and the World war II.
- Walk through St Stephen’s Basilica while heading towards the Danube. Go for a walk along the Danube and check out the waterside sculptured shoes on its Bank.
- Take a Cruise in the Danube and discover the beauty of the city through its waters. Enjoy also some drinks on board.
- For you to have the Ultimate experience by the sea, head to Spoon. Which is a 2-floor boat with a restaurant, lounge & bar that serves high-end fusion food.
Day 2: Your day at Buda side
- Start your day at the Fisherman’s Bastion and enjoy the incredible panoramic view over the city.
- Walk down towards the castle district and enjoy the narrow streets and the surrounding landmarks.
- Head to the Buda Castle check out the Palace itself and the surrounding historical monuments. Have lunch up on that hill.
- Head towards la Citadella and discover this fort which is a symbol of the city. And don’t miss out on its Liberty Statue.
- Head to down town Pest, the area around the Cathedral, enjoy your walk there and check out the Opera house.
- Have dinner in this delicious Michelin starred⭐ Restaurant Called Cyrano. Make sure to order some Hungarian specialties. Followed by some drinks at the lively rooftop 360 Budapest.🍸
Day 3: Your Ultimate Experiences
- Start your day by having a great Brunch at the Brunch Bistro Budapest.
- Visit the Iconic Budapest Parliament. Make sure to take a guided tour inside. Don’t miss out the interior of this Masterpiece.
- Head for a quick getaway on the Margaret Island. Enjoy your pleasant walk and some drinks there.
- For your ultimate Budapest Experience, go to the Széchenyi Thermal Baths.
- Visit the Market Hall for some Hungarian spices and great souvenirs.
- Walk in the old Town part, discover the Jewish corner and try some of those typical Ruin pubs.